SMP Moules » The Company
Since its creation in the 70s, SMP’s speciality is high precision, first on the electric and connectors markets, and then on health care and packaging markets…
- CEO Jacky MAZZOLINI chooses to turn the company’s strategy toward the Pharmaceutical industry market, which combines high-precision and high-speed working needs.
- The company wishes actively to extend its presence to export. It relies on competent organizations to lastingly shape this international approach.
- SMP sets up a subsidiary in Tunisia for the customers who are located in Africa. The aim of this site is to pursue maintenance of SMP molds locally used.
- 0% of SMP turnover is generated on the Pharmaceutical industry market.
- SMP has opened up a trade office in Germany.
- SMP sets up in new, greater premises (4,000 m²) in Lavancia, France (01590)
- The testing center, which is composed of 3 injection machines (100T, 150T and 320T), integrates the premises in Lavancia.
- 60 people work for SMP
End of 2014
- External growth with SOGENA’s buying
- External growth with GMP’s buying
March to August
- 1000 sq. m additional for SMP in Lavancia
End of 2016
- Transfer of SOGENA in GMP’s site
- 45+ years experience
- Turnover : 8.5 million euros
- 8% investment per year
- 5,000 m² production site
- 70 employees (including 5 apprentices)